Ottawa Valley SAGE

Providing a forum since 1998

Mar 15, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Still Waiting

Once again, we will not have our normal meeting place. Dymon is still putting the final touches on the boardrooms and we will probably be in a donut shop for the March meeting. On the plus side, I won’t run out of things to drink, but I am getting a little tired of the lack of ability to have a proper talk. I don’t mind the fact that they are not finished yet, but rather the “soon” I keep hearing.

Jan 19, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Back to normal

It seems that my toolchain has survived a couple of weeks without getting broken, so I’m about as close to good as it will get at this time. Things still look good even though there is at least one broken link in the posts. I thought I had gone through them all, but it is difficult to police your own work at times. No new commentary that I have noticed, so I can guess we get as much readership as always.

Jan 6, 2019 - 1 minute read - Comments

Still working on it.

Still working on getting this thing off the ground again. I just need to get the right side completed and the search capability integrated. Once that is completed, I can publish and worry about the other integration later. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train. Items left to go This is a kind of living list right now. Expect mods as I go on.

Jan 6, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Progress of a sort

After too much time playing with hugo_jupyter, I found a better tool. It is called nb_hugo_exporter and it does what I need. I might even do some adjustments for my own customization. As it is, it does a good job, but if I tweak it a bit, I can get it to use the front matter tags I have entered into the notebook instead of updating/creating new ones. My vagrant setup does seem to work as required and the installation of a slightly older python to handle the hugo_jupyter module was managed with Anaconda - well the Miniconda varient anyway.

Jan 1, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Of course, it's not all easy

I discovered that I can’t get the hugo_jupyter module to install on my laptop for some unspecified reason due to a collision with the existing software. This is why I don’t typically upgrade but rather do a clean install. Most things work, but between the system, homebrew, and conda, my python3 setup is not working properly. I guess a backup to bootable image and a fresh install will solve most of the issues, but in the interim, I need to get the generator fully functional.