Ottawa Valley SAGE

Providing a forum since 1998

Jan 19, 2019 - 2 minute read - Comments

Back to normal

It seems that my toolchain has survived a couple of weeks without getting broken, so I’m about as close to good as it will get at this time. Things still look good even though there is at least one broken link in the posts. I thought I had gone through them all, but it is difficult to police your own work at times.

No new commentary that I have noticed, so I can guess we get as much readership as always. I have no idea if anyone noticed the dearth of posts or that we are back online again. The bulk of the work is done and I’m leaving the search item as a future fix. I don’t like the couple of indexers I have tried, so I think I’ll leave it for now. It isn’t like there is that much to search.

Items left to go

I think this is the final version.

  • Theme (hugo-octopress for now)
  • Asciidoc support (longer documents)
  • Jupyter support (notebooks)
  • Disqus integration (enabled)
  • Mailing list integration (just as a menu item)
  • Clean up existing posts.
  • Right column entries. We don’t need what is there by default.
  • Publish to the web server (get the basic publishing before using automation)
  • Vagrant configuration
  • Better documentation on how I put it together so I don’t have to figure it out next time.
  • Gitlab integration (proper source control)

So all I need to do now is get some integration to Gitlab and get posts automated so that I can just check them into Gitlab rather than rsync from my laptop. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. I’m not exactly in a hurry.

Tags: vagrant arch hugo

Still working on it. Still Waiting

comments powered by Disqus