Ottawa Valley SAGE

Providing a forum since 1998

Dec 21, 2016 - 1 minute read - Comments

Side Effects of Web Server Changes

Back when I decided to convert over to Let’s Encrypt, I was having a few difficulties with the web server and redirects. After futzing with it for a while, I decided to convert over to NGINX, as I really didn’t need all of the features of Apache any more.

This worked out pretty well, until this week when I decided to have a look at my mailman interface from the web. Nothing. Well, not quite nothing…

Not Found

Knowing it was there made me do a search on mailman and nginx. That resulted in some interesting reading. The short answer is that I’ll need to do some rework on the nginx configuration to get the interface working. It shouldn’t be terribly difficult, but I will probably break it a dozen times before I get it right. Not that it is likely anyone will notice :D.

For anyone who needs to fix this, you can check out the article on mailman and nginx

In other news, I’m probably going to be posting more frequently, as most of the distractions I had will be gone. I’ll probably end up with new ones, but the old ones will be gone.

Tags: pelican mailman nginx

LISA'16 Was Fun After a long hiatus, we are live

comments powered by Disqus